January 18, 2015

Yoked With Jesus Christ

 
Yoked With Jesus Christ
By George Thurlow

When you are discouraged
And feeling mighty blue,
Overwhelmed and burdened
And doubts don't seem to shoo...

When fears bring forth inaction
Till you're almost paralyzed;
Hindered by your own thoughts
And the devil's lies...

There's solution in the Scriptures
And not some new age chant;
You can do all things through Jesus
"Just kick the 't' off can't". *

The battle is not yours alone
For you're yoked with Jesus Christ.
You can conquer every giant
Through His strength and might.

Nothing is impossible
Yoked to the King of Kings;
Through His awesome power
You can accomplish anything!

*Quoted from Rev. M.L. Mitchell's sermon "Unequally Yoked".

Faith Lighthouse Assembly of God, Old Orchard Beach, Maine

Philippians 4:13~ "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Matthew 11:28-30~ "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; For I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."