January 10, 2015

When Angels Step Aside




When Angels Step Aside

By George Thurlow


I close my eyes in worship...
Then I'm before your throne.
Through the Blood of Jesus
Your Grace has led me home.

I sing the song... "Amazing Grace,"
And "the angels step aside"...**
For only a Blood-washed sinner
Knows how it feels inside.

I'm rescued from the pit of hell,
No longer an enemy.
My feet are treading Holy ground;
I'm sanctified and free!

Showered in His precious Blood,
Thoroughly white and clean...
The vileness of my sinful past,
Now a sparkling sheen.

I can look into my Savior's eyes
With thankfulness and pride,
And sing to Him that song of love
While angels step aside.
 
*This poem was put to music by Diane Fenderson and is featured on her CD "I'll Trust The Potter's Hand 2012.
 
**Poem inspired by words of Rev. M.L. Mitchell of  Faith Lighthouse Assembly of God in Old Orchard Beach, Maine~ "the angels have to step aside".