January 10, 2015

In Everything Give Thanks




 

                
                



In Everything Give Thanks
By George Thurlow
Copyright October 30, 2008
 
Not just for the times when all is well
And life seems at its best,
When all is running smoothly
Free of trials and tests...

Not just for the times of laughter
With warmth and sunny skies,
And blissful days unmeasured
When my heart is soaring high...

But I thank you in the stormy days
When the rains are pouring down,
When I am overwhelmed and burdened,
When troubles do abound.

I thank you in the lonely times
When my heart is feeling low,
In dark days of dilemma,
Or when my body is hurting so.

It is Your will concerning me
That I give thanks in every thing.
It's evidence of my faith in You;
You'll work out every thing.

*This poem was put to music by Diane Fenderson and is featured on her CD Wings of Faith 2010.


     1 Thessalonians 5:18

"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."