January 10, 2015

Steady In The Storm



 
Steady In The Storm

By George Thurlow

Steady as she goes Lord,
I am holding tight;
Though the storm may toss me,
I am safe within Your might.

Nothing shall overtake me.
I am secure with You.
I stand upon your promise,
Your precious Word of truth.

I veer not to the left or right;
There is no looking back.
I focus on my Savior
Who keeps me right on track.

Through Christ I won't be blown off course.
I'll hold fast unto my crown,
For I treasure my salvation
And the new life I have found.

Through His power I'll be steadfast
And conformed to His sovereign will,
Trodding along the path of righteousness
With the Spirit ever filled.

Steady as she goes Lord,
I have confidence in You.
Regardless of the stormy seas
I know You'll see me through.
 
*This poem was put to music by Diane Fenderson and is featured on her CD Then I Met The Master 2014.