January 12, 2015

A Matter Of Perspective




A Matter Of Perspective

By George Thurlow


Some folks see calamity
At every twist and turn,
According to their faith
Receive the thing they spurn.

Others see a blessing
Waiting 'round the bend;
With confident expectation
They extend their hands.

Some folks have the jitters
Live in panic and in fear;
Others have serenity
And feel Christ's presence near.

It's a matter of perspective
In whom you place your trust...
Be it in a conquering Savior
Or a lying serpent in the dust.

Some folks see a dead man,
Pain, defeat and loss.
As for me, I see the empty tomb
And the vacant cross!





Matthew 9:29  Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you.

Job 3:25 For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.