June 24, 2015

Door of Utterance

 
 
 
Door of Utterance
By George Thurlow
 
Give me a door of utterance
To speak of Jesus Christ:
And a window of opportunity
To share the Words of life.
 
Let me walk in wisdom
Towards those that are without;
Help me to redeem the time
Before it's all run out.
 
Let my speech be full of grace
Seasoned well with salt,
So when I give an answer
In me be found no fault.
 
Daily bring across my path
Lost and dying souls.
Let me speak with boldness
All I've come to know.

Colossians 4:3-6
Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds:
That I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak.
Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time.
Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.