March 21, 2015

My Times Are In Thy Hands

 
 
My Times Are In Thy Hands
By George Thurlow
 
Lord, my appointment book is open
Schedule me as You please.
I make myself available
My time belongs to Thee.
 
My daily plans and doings
Are subject to be changed:
For You're Master and Director
And Your hands hold the reins.
 
At the dawning of a new day
I listen for Your voice,
And take my days'assignment:
Your will is my choice.
 
Lord You are priority
My will takes back seat.
Where ever it is You send me
That is where I'll place my feet.
 
I do not sit and ponder
"What will I do today?",
Because I know that You will guide me
As I go about my way.
 
Perhaps You'll send me out to visit
Someone feeling low,
Who needs a bit of encouraging
To get back on the road.
 
Or maybe just a kind deed
For someone who is down
To place a smile upon their face
Wipe away the tears and frown.
 
Or even share the Good News
To a neighbor who is lost
And tell them of Christ's wondrous love
Displayed upon  the Cross.
 
I know not what today will bring
But I worry not an ounce:
For my appointment book is open
The schedule to be announced.
 
Poem inspired by a sermon given by my pastor
 Rev. Merle L. Mitchell of Faith Lighthouse Assembly of God
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
based on Psalm 31:15 given on 3/29/98.