March 2, 2015

Affection On Things Above



Affection On Things Above
By George Thurlow
 
Lord I set my eyes upon
Those things which are above...
Ever focused, ever fixed
Engaged by your great love.
 
It's not about the earthly goods
That linger but a day.
My affection's on eternal things
That never fade away.
 
Though my body be upon the earth,
In The Spirit I'm seated high...
For things of the world don't matter
When you are right near by.
 
The old man I gladly mortify
And crucify his flesh...
To be seated with Christ in Glory
To live anew and fresh.
 
A servant unto righteousness
No more a slave to sin...
For sin has no dominion
On those who are raised with Him.
 
I set my affections high above
And put on the brand new man.
I'm seated with Christ in the heavenlies
Who's seated by God's hand.

Colossians 3:1-4
If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Ephesians 2:6
And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: