September 19, 2015

The Sea Of God's Forgetfulness

 
The Sea Of God's Forgetfulness
By George Thurlow
 
Copyright May 11, 1998
 
Oh accuser of the brethren
You have no fishing rights,
In the sea of God's forgetfulness,
 Through Christ's Blood I am made right.
 
Don't drag up from the bottom
Those sins that have been tossed.
For I have been forgiven
My Savior paid the cost.
 
My sins are long forgotten.
I no longer stand condemned.
It's in vain that you accuse me
For my Father says "What sin?".
 
You may search the whole wide ocean,
But you will never find
Any sin that you can salvage
Or to the Father bring to mind.
 
Micah 7:19
"He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities;
and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea".
 
This poem was inspired after hearing Pastor Merle L. Mitchell say 'The devil has no right to go fishing in the sea of God's forgetfulness." Sermon delivered 5/10/98 in the evening service at Faith Lighthouse Assembly of God Old Orchard Beach, Maine.