September 26, 2015

"Cross" Examination



"Cross" Examination
By George Thurlow
 
Cpoyright April 26, 1998
 
If I was arrested for Jesus' sake,
If I was put on trial,
Would there be convincing evidence
To make it worth the while?
 
After thorough investigation
Of the details of my life,
Would those findings indicate
That I had been with Christ?
 
Would the tracks I left behind me
Become a trail of clues?
 Guilty by association,
As a disciple stand accused?
 
Would displayed before the courtroom
As exhibit number one,
Be a line of converts
This defendant for Christ had won?
 
Would all my deeds and actions
Make it plain to see,
Beyond the shadow of a doubt
A Christian I must be?

Acts 4:13
13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.