September 26, 2015

Faith Lighthouse



 Faith Lighthouse
By George Thurlow
 
Copyright December 2, 1995
 
Lord I'll meet you at the altar
For early morning prayer.
In the stillness of this empty church
I love to meet you there.
 
Faith Lighthouse is my haven;
It's a rest from the race.
It's here in the solitude
I meet you face to face.
 
It's a little bit of heaven
Where we can be alone,
Away from all distractions
It's here I feel at home.
 
And I thank you for this Lighthouse
In the sea of strife.
It's here that I seek refuge
From all the toils of life.
 
Here you renew my strength
To face another day.
It's here you take my burdens
And roll the clouds away.
 
Sometimes I sit and listen
For your still small voice.
Sometimes I sing praises
And make a joyful noise.
 
It's in this blessed quietness
You lift me high above;
My troubles are forgotten
In your warmth and love.
 
Oh everyday I'll meet you here
So we can be alone.
Faith Lighthouse is my haven
Until you call me home.



My favorite place to get alone with God in prayer and fellowship is my church, Faith Lighthouse Assembly of God in Old Orchard Beach, Maine. It is also where the Holy Spirit has given me many poems to write over the years. This particular poem is actually a song about my secret place or prayer closet if you will.