July 6, 2015

Rainbow Rebellion







Rainbow Rebellion
By George Thurlow

God gave man the rainbow
For a covenant and a sign,
A reminder of His promise
And His mercy for all times.

And in the sky He hung it,
This masterpiece of His;
But the devil, the destroyer
Has made it all perverse.

It's now become a banner,
A symbol of sin and shame,
An abomination and open mockery
Of God's Holy name.

It's an emblem of rebellion,
The celebration of a sin...
Serving the same purpose
As thumbing a nose at Him.

Still a symbol of God's mercy
Even for the sodomite.
God welcomes any sinner
Who wants his heart made right.

Even in open defiance,
In darkness and disgrace,
God extends His hand of mercy
Offering love and grace.

To the forgiven, a sign of blessing,
But for those who stay perverse,
Personal choice, non-repentance
Brings on judgment and a curse.

Genesis 9:11-17
11 And I will establish my covenant with you, neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.
12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:
13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:
15 And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.
16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.
17 And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.