July 18, 2015

An Ocean Of Tears

 



 
An Ocean Of Tears
By George Thurlow
 
 
Today while walking on the beach
My heavenly Father shared with me,
The burden He has within His heart
And the grief we rarely see.
 
He allowed me just a little taste
Of the pain He feels within;
The longing He has inside His heart
To set men free from sin.
 
My eyes were fixed on the ocean waves
While sitting on the shore,
When sadness overwhelmed me
And the tears began to pour.
 
He told me that the oceans
Were all the tears He's ever shed,
For every soul that refused His Son
And went their own way instead.
 
How He longs together us under His wing;
He loves each and everyone.
Through the precious Blood of Christ
He invites us all to come.
 
He watches for His prodigal sons
To come walking through the gate.
His eyes are ever gazing
With arms open He sits and waits.
 
And every time one turns away
He sheds another tear.
His pain is never ceasing
As they turn away and sneer.
 
This made me forget my loneliness
Knowing what God goes through:
 For even my heavenly Father
Feels pain and rejection too.



 Isaiah 53:3-5
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
 


 Luke 15:18-24
18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put [it] on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on [his] feet:
23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill [it]; and let us eat, and be merry:
24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.