July 11, 2023

Praying In The Spirit



 PRAYING IN THE SPIRIT

By George Thurlow

©️December 8, 1997


I have never heard your voice Lord,

Yet you whisper in my ear;

And though I have never seen you,

I know that you are near.


When I speak I know you hear me.

You answer in subtle ways;

And confirm your Word within my heart

As the Holy Spirit relays.


In this quiet sanctuary 

Your gentle breath I feel.

A current of love engulfs me;

Your presence is so real.


You don’t come to me in thunder

Or the flashing of brilliant light;

Yet I’m energized with power

Through your strength and might.


I know that you pray through me 

By the groaning that I hear;

And the way my heart is pleading 

And through the trickling of my tears.


Supernaturally, Spirit to spirit 

We commune as one:

Since you dwell within me,

Because I am your son.


georgethurlow.blogspot.com


Romans 8:26-27 

Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.


Jude 1:20

“But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,”