July 11, 2023

Conquering Spirit



 CONQUERING SPIRIT

By George Thurlow

August 2, 1997


I’ve been given a conquering spirit;

I ‘m no longer powerless:

But I have one of determination 

To take action and possess.


Christ’s given me strength for triumph

In the midst of trial and heat.

I’ve been filled with the Holy Spirit

For conquest not defeat.


Christ has gone on before me

Now I follow where He led.

I have authority and power

To trample demon’s heads.


You’ve given me a vision

On which my mind is fixed.

I refuse to retreat or surrender 

When the enemy’s already licked.


No reports of giants

Can make me change my mind

For l’ve been given a promise 

That victory is all mine.


No obstacle or circumstance 

Can bring discouragement or dismay,

For I’m focused on the Savior 

My faith won’t waver or sway.


georgethurlow.blogspot.com


Romans 8:37 

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.


Luke 10:19 

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.