July 12, 2023

Don’t Live Below Your Means



 DON’T LIVE BELOW YOUR MEANS

By George Thurlow

August 2, 1997


No longer will I ever

Live below my means,

As a spiritual pauper,

I’m a child of the King.


No longer will I grovel,

Forage for crumbs and scraps;

I’m now feasting at God’s table

And never again will lack.


Today I claim my inheritance 

For the Bible is my will.

I am joint-heir with Jesus

For His precious Blood was spilt.


I’m drinking from a golden cup

Full of sparkling brand new wine,

And I am nourished and I’m strengthened 

By abiding in the vine.


I no longer shiver,

I am warmed beneath God’s wing;

And the Spirit’s fire

Provides eternal spring.


I’m no longer clothed in filthy rags,

But the righteousness of Christ.

My past is gone forever,

I have a brand new life.


georgethurlow.blogspot.com


Romans 8:17

“And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.” 


John 15:4-5

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. 


2 Corinthians 5:21

“For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”