February 1, 2016

The Finish Line



The Finish Line
By George Thurlow
 
Copyright February 28, 1999
 
He who begun a good work in me
Help me win this race.
Empower me to finish;
I want to see You face to face.
 
Let nothing of this earthly life
Stand in the way,
Causing me to stumble
Or my faith to sway.
 
Keep me ever watchful,
Never unaware,
Dwelling in the Spirit
To escape the devil's snares.
 
Let no situation
Person, place or thing,
Ever deter or hinder
My service to the King.
 
Keep my nose right to the altar;
Down on my knees in prayer:
For a continual refreshing
By Your Spirit there...
 
Let me run this course with vigor,
Never looking back:
Progressing ever onward
Not off the beaten track.
 
Get me to the finish line
Let me hear the Words "Well done";
Successfully completing
This earthly marathon.
 
 
Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.
 
 
Matthew 25:23
His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou
hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of the lord.