February 1, 2016

The Arena Of Prayer


The Arena of Prayer
By George Thurlow
 
Copyright December 9, 1998
 
I am least of Your children,
But I know You hear my prayers...
When I call upon You
I am assured that You are there.
 
Together we are partners,
Accomplishing Your wilI:
In this empty sanctuary
So silent and so still.
 
Entering in Your very throne room
My petitions then are heard.
At once You are attentive
To each and every Word.
 
Here giants are defeated
And mountains tumble down,
Where impossible situations
Have a turn around.
 
Where the enemy is trampled
And demons flee in fear,
For they know that there is power
When Jesus' name they hear.

The dragon again defeated
In this supernatural ring:
The enemy is no match
For the King of Kings.

As warriors charged with power
Not derived from our own might,
But endued with the Holy Spirit
We tread on lofty heights.

Through the power of Christ's precious Blood
And the authority of His name
In this prayer arena
Victory is proclaimed!

Psalm 144:1
Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.