August 3, 2015

Come On Home To Jesus




Come On Home To Jesus
By George Thurlow
 
Come on home to Jesus
His arms are open wide.
All those who tripped and fallen
And on a downhill slide.
 
It's not too late to come home
His Blood will still apply.
The door of the ark's still open
Hurry up and get inside.
 
Dash on home to Jesus
 While on this side of death.
Get you sin debts settled
While you still have breath.
 
It's not too late to come home
To be cleansed and start anew.
Return unto the Shepherd's fold
He will welcome you.
 
Rush on home to Jesus
The trumpet soon will sound.
Get your life in order
So you can leave the ground.
 
 
  

 
Luke 15:7 
I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.
 
Luke 15:10
Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.
 
I was lying in bed just before midnight 8/3/15 into 8/4/15 and the Holy Spirit brought to mind faces of some brothers and sisters that have strayed away from the Lord. I felt the urgency to pray for these individuals. As I did so, the words "Come on home to Jesus" kept coming to me as well as the first stanza of this poem. So I got up and finished the remainder of the poem.