May 9, 2015

Treasure Hunt

 


 
 
Treasure Hunt
By George Thurlow
 
I am going on a treasure hunt
Though not digging up the sod,
Nor panning in the mountain streams,
But searching the Word of God.
 
Nuggets of wisdom this Book contains
Makes me happy, wealthy and wise:
Each jot and tittle is a gem
Should never be despised.
 
For hidden in each line and phrase
Is wealth beyond compare:
Each Word holds a secret key
To heaven's jewels so rare.
 
Worldly folks crave bars of gold
And after riches lust,
But on the streets of heaven
Gold is just but dust.
 
I'd rather be the poorest of heaven
Than the richest man on earth,
For without the Word living in my heart
I would have no worth.
 
But God in His infinite mercy
Stooped down to rescue me
Then gave me a Book to guide my life
And to enrichen me.
 
So each day I'll search the Scriptures
Discover nuggets of heavenly gold:
Each hunt is a new adventure
The Living Word does not grow old.