June 21, 2023

My God Is Real



 MY GOD IS REAL

By George Thurlow 

©️12/31/2002


Some say You are just a myth;

Others say You don’t exist.

While others yet, You’re just a crutch,

For weaklings, dolts and those as such. 


But I say that You are real

And Your presence I can feel.

You give me poems and songs to write 

During fellowship of early light.


And down at church, just you and me,

I sit and listen quietly …

I feel your touch which brings the tears

For your Holy presence is so near.


Since knowing You I’m rarely down

And seldom ever wear a frown…

And when I do, I have  a look

And find you there inside The Book.


You give me Words that cheer my soul

More precious than all gems or gold.

I love this life of simple faith

Walking, trusting in your Grace.


And I know the day which is to come,

After that my race is run,

That I will see you face to face

And You’ll welcome me with warm embrace.


georgethurlow.blogspot.com