June 21, 2023

Am I Rapture Ready?





                         AM I RAPTURE READY?

By George Thurlow

©️10/30/2001


I awoke this morning 

With a question on my mind 

Am I Rapture ready?

How’s this heart of mine?


In a twinkling would I be taken

At the trumpet sound?

Or would I find the weight of sin

Held me to the ground?


Only holiness can enter in

Am I purest white?

Has every nook and cranny 

Been examined by the light?


Does the Spirit bear me witness?

Do I feel a peace within?

Or do I have a troubled soul

Because of secret sin?


Examine my heart dear Spirit 

Search it through and through 

Point out to me whatever’s wrong 

Or is grieving you.


Make me Rapture ready

Keep me clean and pure

I’ll give diligence to my calling

So my election will be sure.


georgethurlow.blogspot.com


2 Peter 1:10

“Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:”