November 23, 2021

If Only Mornings Were All Day


                              Photo By George Thurlow


IF ONLY MORNINGS WERE ALL DAY

By George Thurlow

© 6/14/21


If only mornings were all day 

Wouldn’t it be sublime,

If those early tranquil hours

Were given extended time?


This was a thought that came to mind

While sitting by the shore,

Communing with my Savior 

The one that I adore.


Even Jesus rose quite early

In the wee hours of the day, 

To fellowship with the Father

And to watch and pray.


Oh theses consecrated hours

When His still small voice I hear,

Serenaded by melodious notes

Of the Robin’s cheer.


I am strengthened in the inward man

As I digest His written Word,

I am encouraged and refreshened

My spirit is greatly stirred...


So much that the morning time

Stays with me all day long,

For the same Lord at noon and sunset

Is the same Lord I met at dawn.