November 22, 2021

A Sure Foundation

A Sure Foundation
By George Thurlow
©️ May 8, 2021

Is your foundation laid on sinking sand
And your walls untampered mortar?
Do you have a stable base
That won't sway or totter?
Is your foundation laid on Jesus Christ
And your faith on Him alone?
Only He is the tried stone
Our precious corner stone.
Built on Christ there's life eternal
You need not feel alarm
For He is the firm foundation
That will weather every storm.



       Photo by George Thurlow 

While reading the Bible down at the shore this morning Ezekiel 13:14 stood out to me and the Holy Ghost had me put the breaks on. 


Ezekiel 13:14

“So will I break down the wall that ye have daubed with untempered morter, and bring it down to the ground, so that the foundation thereof shall be discovered, and it shall fall, and ye shall be consumed in the midst thereof: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.” 


The Words “untempered morter “  the Holy Ghost drew my attention to. Then this poem started immediately. Then Holy Spirit pointed out the wall in this photo in the area I was writing ✍️ as a good illustration for the poem.