April 4, 2015

Attuned To The Trumpet




Luke 21:28

28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Attuned To The Trumpet

By George Thurlow


Perilous times are upon us,
But I have no need to fear...
For there's a hope within me
That gives me peace down here.

I know that I can trust Him
For I've proved Him o'er and o'er...
In the midst of instability
He is steadfast, able, sure.

While the world is in perplexity,
Hearts failing because of fear,
I gaze into the heavenlies
For His coming draweth near.

When chaos settles on the earth
Nowhere to run and hide,
I'll be transported to the Throne Room
In the twinkling of an eye.

I'm looking for that City
Whose Builder and Maker is God.
I'm free from all attachments
To this earthly sod.

I keenly keep my ear attuned
To the trumpet sound.
My hope is in the Savior,
For I'm homeward bound.


1 Thessalonians 4:16-18
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.