February 1, 2015

Morning Songs Of Praise

Photo by George Thurlow 2/27/16

Morning Songs Of Praise
By George Thurlow
 Copyright June 21, 1998
 
I love the sounds of morning
Ringing out upon the earth:
The shrillness of the robin's song,
The merriment and mirth.
 
A song to his creator,
A loving note to raise,
Not a barrage of petitions
Just sweet melodies of praise.
 
He has no fears or worries
Of what the day will bring,
For the Master is always faithful
To provide him everything.
 
And like his friend the sparrow
God watches over him,
And takes notice when these feathered ones
Fall from sky and limb.
 
I too have learned to trust Him;
I have no cause to fear:
For He lives within me
And His presence is always near.
 
I can join the morning chorus
And cheerfully offer praise
To my Lord and Savior
For a brand new day.