August 26, 2023

The Joy of My Life



 The Joy of My Life 🙌

By George Thurlow

©️August 5, 1999


The Joy of my life is Jesus

Who plucked me from the grave:

And from a life of misery,

He graciously did save.


His love was unconditional 

Though my heart was black with sin.

He didn’t turn His back on me,

But drew me close to Him.


Compassion looked beyond the filth,

And He saw what I could be:

With just a thorough cleansing

There was potential still in me.


He removed the filthy rags

And clothed me in His best;

Wrapped me in Heaven’s finest,

His own righteousness.


Inside He placed a brand new heart

My frown became a grin.

All day I sing His praises

For I owe my joy to Him.


georgethurlow.blogspot.com


Isaiah 64:6

“But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags;


Isaiah 61:10

“I will greatly rejoice in the Lord; my soul shall exult in my God, for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation; he has covered me with the robe of righteousness…”