April 7, 2022

My Backyard Sanctuary

 My Backyard Sanctuary 

By George Thurlow

©️April 7, 2022


There is nothing like my backyard 

It’s a haven and retreat

A place of peace and comfort 

To relax and raise my feet.


In the sweet company of feathered friends 

Flitting from limb to limb

Cardinals of scarlet hue 

Scouting feeders on a whim.


Gentle morning breezes 

Rustling the leaves

Flipping the pages of my Bible 

Just as if to tease.


A fresh hot cup of coffee 

On the table my pen and specs

Rusty sprawled strategically 

Catching the first rays on the deck.


Sweet fellowship with the Holy Ghost

Sharing Kingdom treasures 

Enlightening my inner man

With overwhelming pleasure.


My backyard becomes holy ground

In this little haven of rest

I’m enveloped by His presence

And I’m so truly blessed.