January 8, 2022

The Blessings Box


                                        George Thurlow Photo


 The Blessings Box

By George Thurlow

©️ 1/8/22


As I was praising Father

For a blessing received today

Joy leapt in my spirit 

For all His blessings every day.


Then I thought of the hymn 

That is so often sung,

“Count your blessings

 Name them one by one”

 

Then suddenly it came to mind….

Create a “Blessing Box”


What wonderful things 

God’s done for me

They are to be forever treasured

For His goodness and mercies

Towards me can not be measured.


So starting today I decided 

To daily jot them down

At the end of the year review them

As the old year winds down.


This box of blessings for encouragement 

On some day I might be low

And to serve as a reminder

Of how much God loves me so.


To serve as testimony

And as a witness to His grace

For a brother or a sister

In some trouble that they face.


I will daily record my blessings

“I will name them one by one”

At the end of the year rejoice 

Over “what the Lord has done.”