December 17, 2021

The Gift From the Father of Lights



 The Gift From the Father of Lights

       ©️By George Thurlow


The glow of the Christmas candle 

Radiates joy this special night,

Reflecting on all around it

Such a blissful, peaceful sight.


I’m reminded of the Scripture

Regarding the Father of Lights*

As I bask in His very presence

“All is calm, and all is bright.”


 I reflect upon God’s perfect Gift

He sent from up above,

The Savior of the world no less

Because of His great love.


Christ pierced the darkness of my heart

And He lit up my world,

Casting out the sinfulness

Into the sea He hurled.


Thank you, blessed Father of Lights

For your Son I have come to know.

He is the good and perfect Gift

Who has set my heart aglow.

              12/17/21


georgethurlow.blogspot.com


James 1:17

“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.” 

John 3:16

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

Micah 7:19

“He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.”