October 17, 2015

The Beauty of His Presence

The Beauty of His Presence
By George Thurlow
 
Copyright October 17, 2015
 
My eyes feast upon the beauty
Of the golden marsh,
In the season of transition
Before the winter harsh.
 
The panoply of autumn tints
Against the azure sky;
Excited honks of Canada geese
Making their southward fly.
 
Great blue herons fishing still
On the banks of teeming ponds.
Snowy egrets fan their wings
Like the waving of a frond.

Captivated by God's artistry
Enveloped by His love,
I'm swept into communion
With my Creator from above.

In this "garden" we have fellowship;
It becomes a Holy place.
I'm surrounded by your presence
As I seek your face.


This poem was written while enjoying morning fellowship with the Lord at
Goosefare Brook. The brisk autumn air coupled with the brilliant colors and feathered friends was the perfect setting to chat with the Lord and enjoy His presence.
Thank you Holy Spirit!

*Photos by George Thurlow taken at Goosefare Brook.